The second half of 2021 marked six new major contracts for JBA.
- Court, Judicial, and Attorney National Performance Measures was awarded by the Children’s Bureau, Administration for Children and Families (ACF), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). JBA is a subcontractor to the American Bar Association, Center on Children and the Law. The project will develop performance measures for child welfare courts, judges, and attorneys that can be used to track and improve practice. We will contribute to a literature review, development of the measures, and a pilot of the measures with a sample of states.
- Multisite Implementation Evaluation of Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) With American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) Families (MUSE) was awarded to JBA and subcontractor Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, by the Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (OPRE), ACF. This new contract was awarded to complete data collection, analysis, and reporting of findings for both MUSE and MUSE State Tribal Collaboration. It will advance understanding of how MIECHV-funded programs operate across community contexts that serve AI/AN families and identify factors that lead to successful implementation, including during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supporting Economic Well-Being Through Home Visiting was also awarded by OPRE. As a subcontractor to Mathematica, JBA will identify, develop, and test practices and related trainings to understand how a stronger focus on family economic well-being in home visiting could support overall family functioning.
- OPRE awarded JBA its third contract for Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Child Welfare Coordination Guidance and Support to assist grantees by promoting excellence in performance measurement, continuous quality improvement, and grantee-led collaborations between child welfare and TANF agencies in tribal communities.
- Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Local Evaluation Support and Dissemination was awarded by the Family Youth Services Bureau, ACF. As a subcontractor to Abt Associates, JBA will provide evaluation support to tribal PREP grantees. The project will help build and expand the adolescent pregnancy prevention knowledge base through rigorous evaluations to improve programming and ultimately youth outcomes.
- Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems of Care was awarded by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration, HHS. As a subcontractor to the Altarum Institute, JBA will provide technical assistance (TA), develop continuous quality improvement change packages, and contribute to universal TA products and resources.