Agencies are increasingly exploring partnerships, recognizing that they can accomplish more by working together. How can the performance of these interagency partnerships be measured?
This document reviews key partnership concepts, including levels of interagency partnership and other variables of interest. It then summarizes instruments and analytical techniques for assessing the depth and quality of interagency partnerships, as well as their benefits and limitations. Psychometric properties (e.g., reliability, validity, norming studies) are noted when available.
The compendium includes the following instruments and methods:
- Levels of Collaboration Survey
- Strategic Alliance Formative Assessment Rubric
- Collaboration Assessment Guide and Tool
- Internal Collaborative Functioning Scale
- Ohio State’s Collaboration Checklist
- Partnership Self-Assessment Tool
- SPARK Collaboration Measurement Tool
- STAR Collaborative Assessment
- Wilder Collaboration Factors Inventory
- Network Analysis