This brief outlines nine strategies for improving the quality of your evaluation.
- Develop a logic model and evaluation plan.
- Use the logic model to structure your reports to funders.
- Ensure that the logic model reflects plausible linkages and outcomes that can be operationalized.
- Work together with your evaluator as a team.
- Include a comparison group or comparison data.
- Establish a detailed working agreement with your evaluator.
- Secure plans for accessing data.
- Consider changes to your evaluation approach if it is not working.
- Consider submitting a draft evaluation report to your funder for review before the final report is due.