The child welfare court process seeks to achieve safety, permanency, and well-being for all families with abuse or neglect court cases. With these goals in mind, judges make decisions across the different hearings of a case that greatly impact children and families.
- Judicial characteristics
- Hearing quality
- Judicial decision-making process
- Judicial decisions in hearings
- Case process and progress
- Case outcomes
- Pre- and between hearing communication and activities
- Jurisdiction context, court resources, practice, and culture
It then describes the components, related subcomponents, and available research supporting their associations. Associations that lack evidence are also noted.