To receive federal funding, grantees of the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV) must submit a plan for continuous quality improvement (CQI) with their updated state plans. Grantees do not need to use a specific format, but they are expected to provide a current-self assessment of the home visiting program and a thorough plan for improving CQI capacity.
This technical assistance document outlines seven areas for inclusion in grantees’ CQI plans:
- Infrastructure for driving improvements
- Leveraging current resources
- Description of management information system
- Data collection design
- Alignment and integration of CQI plan with benchmark reporting
- Building and sustaining CQI infrastructure