Resource | Summary
Family Spirit ProfileProject: Support to Build the Supply of Evidence-Based Programs
Family Spirit is the only evidence-based home visiting program designed for and with Native American families. Developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Indigenous Health, Family Spirit optimizes local cultural assets and resources.
This profile highlights key Family Spirit accomplishments, including—
- Training over 160 communities across 24 states in the model
- Meeting Home Visiting Evidence of Effectiveness federal standards
- Effectively promoting child development, school readiness, maternal health, and positive parenting practices
- Using a precision research framework to create responsive new content modules and a digital version of the curriculum
- Allowing flexibility for local communities while ensuring fidelity to the model
The Annie E. Casey Foundation invested in Family Spirit as part of its Building Evidence to Advance Equity portfolio, which supports programs developed by leaders of color for communities of color.