When program staff and evaluators give presentations at conferences, they share knowledge, highlight their program’s achievements and their community’s strengths, and reinforce their skills and confidence. Collaborating on presentations can make the program team stronger.
This brief demonstrates the value of presenting at conferences and explains how to do it successfully. It was developed to support Tribal Home Visiting Program grantees, but it also may be useful for other professionals in home visiting and other health and human services fields.
The brief will help program staff —
- Understand the benefits of presenting at a conference
- Identify and assess topics for a presentation
- Find the best conference for a presentation
- Plan a presentation, from getting approvals to arriving on site
- Present effectively and confidently
- Document their efforts and continuously strengthen their presentation messages, formats, and skills