An evaluation is an opportunity for Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program awardees to learn more about their program and use the information to make positive changes.
This tip sheet outlines key factors to consider before working with an external evaluator to plan, carry out, and report on an evaluation:
- What kind of evaluation do you want and how will you use the results?
- What kind of evaluator do you need?
- How can you find and select an evaluator?
- How can you define the evaluator’s roles and responsibilities?
- How can you create a realistic evaluation timeline?