The Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV) supports voluntary, evidence-based home visiting services for at-risk pregnant women and parents with young children up to kindergarten entry. The Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Toolkit will help MIECHV awardees and others work with local agencies to build capacity in CQI. It features examples from home visiting but may also be helpful for audiences from other early childhood and human service programs.
The toolkit contains nine modules, which may be delivered individually by CQI staff or as part of a multiday training activity. Use the links below to access the modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to CQI
- Module 2: Using Data to Drive CQI and Identify Topics
- Module 3: Creating the CQI Culture and Forming a Team
- Module 4: Creating SMART Aims
- Module 5: Understanding the PDSA Process and Measurement
- Module 6: Process Maps
- Module 7: Root Cause Analysis Tools
- Module 8: Key Driver Diagrams
- Module 9: Reliability Concepts and Sustaining Gains
Each module contains a facilitation guide, PowerPoint slides with facilitation notes, and handouts and activities for participants.