This is the second of two toolkits developed in response to revised performance requirements for awardees of the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV).
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services made these updates in 2016 to simplify, standardize, and strengthen the performance measure system for data reporting in six benchmark areas:
- Improvements in maternal, newborn, and child health
- Prevention of child injuries, child abuse, neglect, or maltreatment and reductions of emergency room visits
- Improvements in school readiness and child academic achievement
- Reductions in crime or domestic violence
- Improvements in family economic self-sufficiency
- Improvements in the coordination and referrals for other community resources and supports
The toolkit supports MIECHV awardees in reporting quality, consistent, and accurate data for the Form 2 performance and systems outcome measures. Organized by the 19 measures and constructs found in Form 2 (e.g., preterm birth, parent-child interaction), it provides details and logic statements for selecting data to include in reporting.
The Form 1 Performance Measurement Toolkit is also available.