The Home Visiting Applied Research Collaborative (HARC) is a practice-based network dedicated to supporting improved outcomes for children and families through home visiting research.
HARC engages in scientific collaboration to strengthen the evidence about home visiting and the capacity of programs to improve health, well-being, and equitable access to services. JBA supports the following HARC objectives:
- Develop and maintain a practice-based research network
- Advance the use of innovative research methods
- Promote the use of data sharing and interoperability
- Respond to emerging priorities in the field
- Mentor the next generation of early childhood researchers with a focus on diversity
- Expand the field of precision home visiting
Jill Filene, M.P.H.
Executive Vice President of Research and Evaluation
Jill Filene has more than 25 years of experience in applied research, program evaluation, and technical assistance. Her areas of expertise include home...
Heather Johnson, Dr.P.H., M.P.H.
Heather Hudspeth Johnson has more than 10 years of experience planning, implementing, and evaluating maternal and child health programs. She has worked...
Nichole Sturmfels, M.P.H.
Senior Data Manager
Nichole Sturmfels has 15 years of experience in applied public health research, specializing in data system selection, implementation, operations, and reporting...
Alexandra Joraanstad, M.S.
Senior Research Associate
Alexandra Joraanstad has more than 10 years of experience conducting social science research and evaluation. Her work has primarily focused on home...
- Dakota Bragato Research Assistant
- Joelle Ruben, M.S.W. Senior Communications Associate
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health