Joelle Ruben, M.S.W.Senior Communications Associate
Joelle Ruben has more than 15 years of experience working on child and family issues in a variety of communications, policy, advocacy, and direct service roles. At JBA, she contributes to a range of corporate and project efforts encompassing publications, videos, websites, social media, and branding. Ruben’s skills include creating and implementing dissemination plans for a variety of audiences, translating complex information into plain language, forming strategic partnerships, writing, and editing. She is also adept at helping organizations strengthen their websites and social media presences.
Ruben serves as the communications/dissemination lead for such projects as—
- National Home Visiting Resource Center
- HealthySteps Outcome Pilot Project
- Supporting and Strengthening the Home Visiting Workforce
- Home Visiting Applied Research Collaborative
- Understanding Judicial Decision-Making and Hearing Quality in Child Welfare
- Identification and Care of Children With Prenatal Alcohol and Other Drug Exposures: Prevention Strategies
She also supports a subcontract to the American Bar Association Center on Children and the Law to help develop national performance measures for child welfare courts, judges, and attorneys. She is part of a workgroup that helps strengthen and communicate information about JBA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative.
Prior to joining JBA, Ruben was a managing editor at JBS International, where she led content creation for a national clearinghouse for family and youth workers. She received an M.S.W. from the University of Pennsylvania.