The Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV) supports the well-being of each state’s most vulnerable parents and children.
However, the program has limited resources and cannot serve all eligible families. This creates a need to understand how communities and local programs choose which families are offered home visiting services and which families actually receive them. Currently, little is known about these processes.
The Family-Level Assessment and State of Home Visiting (FLASH-V) project aims to understand how families are selected for MIECHV services and to determine whether these selection processes match the evidence on how home visiting affects different families. JBA is collecting and analyzing a range of information:
- Literature on how family risk factors influence the effectiveness of home visiting
- Training and technical assistance materials agencies may use to select the families they serve
- Information about how prioritization is determined at the national, state, and local levels
- Data on program enrollment from management information systems and surveys
The FLASH-V findings, combined with results from the national evaluation of MIECHV, will help target home visiting services to those who need them the most.
Jill Filene, M.P.H.
Executive Vice President
Jill Filene has more than 15 years of experience in applied research, program evaluation, and technical assistance. Her areas of expertise include home...
Susan Zaid, M.A.
Susan Zaid brings more than 20 years of experience in program evaluation, applied social science research, and evaluation technical assistance in the areas of...
Mariel Sparr, Ph.D., M.A.
Senior Research Associate
Mariel Sparr has more than 12 years of experience in program evaluation, applied research, and research methodology. Her technical skills include quantitative...
Mallory Quigley Clark, M.P.H.
Mallory Quigley Clark has 9 years of experience planning, implementing, and evaluating maternal and child health programs. She has worked on numerous...
- Patrice Cachat, M.S.W. Research Associate
- Julie Leis, Ph.D. Senior Research Associate
- Alexandra Joraanstad, M.S. Research Associate