This project aimed to increase coordination among agencies providing home visiting and family support services in California’s early childhood system of care.
In the face of considerable challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic, the goals were to increase efficiency, maximize resources, and improve quality of services to address family needs. First 5 California works to promote, support, and optimize the early development of children, from the prenatal stage through age 5. JBA conducted the following project activities for First 5 California in partnership with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health:
- Surveying counties to assess the status of home visiting coordination and identify related needs and priorities
- Supporting counties in developing their home visiting coordination action plans
- Providing coordination-related technical assistance to counties and facilitating peer learning
- Advising First 5 California and providing policy recommendations
Julie Leis, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate
Julie Leis has nearly 20 years of experience in applied research and program evaluation in the areas of home visiting, mental health, and child development...
Nichole Sturmfels, M.P.H.
Senior Data Manager
Nichole Sturmfels has 15 years of experience in applied public health research, specializing in data system selection, implementation, operations, and reporting...
Jill Filene, M.P.H.
Executive Vice President
Jill Filene has more than 15 years of experience in applied research, program evaluation, and technical assistance. Her areas of expertise include home...
Heather Johnson, M.P.H.
Heather Hudspeth Johnson has more than 10 years of experience planning, implementing, and evaluating maternal and child health programs. She has worked...
- Hannah Simmons Continuous Quality Improvement Associate
- Colleen Morrison, Ph.D. Senior Research Associate
- Leah Childress, Ph.D. Research Associate
- Katie Sacca Brennan, M.P.H. Research Associate
- Dakota Bragato Research Assistant
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health